THE STORY & ART OF YOGA 200-HR TRAINING
We welcome people who are ready to enter the courageous pilgrimage within. You may or may not choose to teach yoga after completion of the program. No physical yoga (asana) experience is needed to qualify you as a program participant, yet you must have an open mind and a dedicated heart in the quest to understand your Self. Your commitment is essential to all involved and you will leave the program hungry for more.
9 immersion weekends in 9 months - totaling 180 hours - merge the logical mind with the intuitive heart, the historical with the esoteric, and ancient wisdoms with universal insights to better reveal your pure potential. Your unique gifts, spirit, and voice will be cultivated through traditional and artistic experiences.
This wide-spectrum, experiential program is designed to strengthen and sophisticate your understanding of Self so you will be capable to teach safe and inspiring yoga classes.
Blooming Life is a registered 200 & 300 hour school with Yoga Alliance, and this is a certified 200-hour program. The program's seminal text is The History & Art of Yoga, developed and written by lead teacher and BLY founder, Lily Kessler.
This 9 month program intentionally begins in winter, the time of hibernation and self-reflection. Like the growth stages of a human being in utero, you will graduate in the early harvest period of autumn, ready for the deep self-integration in winter, preparing for a radiant beginning of a new year.
- Link universal concepts and traditional yogic wisdoms within your daily living
- Understand the history & evolution of yoga on & off the mat
- Pre-Vedic & Vedic Civilization: Sanskrit, Ayurveda
- Samkhya Philosophy: Perception & Reality
- Upanishadic Era: Atman & Brahman, Om/AUM, Creative Soup
- Bhagavad Gita: Branches of Yoga, your Hero's Journey
- Bhakti: Kirtan experience, Divinity in All
- Buddhism: Four Noble Truths, Eight-fold Path
- Classical Yoga: Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, Kleshas
- Deities: faces of Source & Self, Mythologies within Asanas
- Tantric Era: Shiva & Shakti, Chakras, Nadis, Koshas
- Hatha Yoga Era: Mudras, Bandhas
- Modern Yoga in the West: Key Contributors, New Lineages
- Pranayama (breath work): 5 pranic movements
- Asana (yoga poses)
- Form & alignment
- Psychological & physical benefits
- Sanskrit exposure
- Sanskrit memorization on your own
- Styles of contemporary yoga: Yin, Nidra, Restorative, Ashtanga, Kundalini
- Functional anatomy & understanding of poses
- Modifications 'to whom & when'
- Adjustments: visual, verbal, & safe-touch
- Pose principles: standing, inversion, backbends, forward bends, twists
- Dristi placement
THE ART & MIND
- Yoga & Trauma
- Honoring & serving community
- Cultivation of ambiance
- How to plan a holistic class experience
- How to teach poses confidently
- Intelligent sequencing of the 'arc'
- Pacing, themes, & basic voicing
- Ethical guidelines & holding space
- Business of Yoga
- Responsibilities of the evolution of the Tradition
2019 LOCATION, TIMES, DATES
Blooming Life Yoga: 30 South Elm Street, Zionsville, IN 46077
Friday 5-9pm, Saturday 10-6pm (10-1pm at Kessler Residence), Sunday 9-5pm
- Module 1: January 25, 26, 27
- Module 2: February 22, 23, 24
- Module 3: March 22, 23, 24
- Module 4: April 12, 13, 14
- Module 5: May 17, 18, 19
- Module 6: June 7, 8, 9
- Module 7: July 12, 13, 14
- Module 8: August 9, 10, 11
- Module 9: September 6, 7, 8
SUGGESTED EXPERIENCE & EXPECTATIONS
- No prior teaching or asana experience required
- Injuries & stiffness OK
- Full attendance required for certification
- Full group participation & willingness to try something new
- Giving & receiving feedback
- Weekly yoga class encouraged & self-directed meditation participation
- Welcoming out-of-state students
PERSONAL INVESTMENT / NEXT STEPS
- CERTIFIED TEACHER TRAINING: $3300 TOTAL
- $500 non-refundable deposit for Teacher Training
- $1400 due January 26 & $1400 due April 13
- Manual Included & 5 additional books will be required
- BEFORE YOU REGISTER we must connect to see if we're a good fit!
- Attend a free Info Session, dates TBA.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to talk
Lead teacher and Blooming Life founder, Lily Kessler, ERYT-500, ED.S., is fascinated by the facets of the ancient, living Yoga Lineage. Travel and teaching defines her heart. Lily leads tours to magnificent India and Peru, she regularly teaches philosophy in Costa Rica and Mexico, and creates personal pilgrimages to Egypt and other lands around the planet to explore Source and Self. These spiritual places have inspired her to create Story & Art of Yoga, a yoga teacher training manual based on Vedic Principles. Ultimately, Lily sees how this vast Lineage supports authentic manifestation of each person's potential. It is Lily's life's calling to make Yoga's vast and tangled roots accessible and recognizable in everyday life, which she teaches in her unique down-to-earth manner. Additionally, Lily has partnered with Dr. Sue Morter for their online BodyAwake Yoga Training and yearly BodyAwake Retreat. Her book, lectures, and trainings are empowering, holistic explorations into the history of yoga and into the inquiry of Self. Lily believes each moment is pregnant with grace; grace to claim vitality, a new perspective, and embrace a blooming life.
A host of supporting & master teachers will contribute their expertise during each Module.